In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Friday, November 25, 2011

It's the annual what am I thankful for blog.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving this year. And since I may not be writing again until Christmas I would like to wish you all good health, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and/or whatever joyous holidays you may celebrate.

I will start with the bad news. This past Monday I had to put Nia, my Rhodesian Ridgeback dog, to sleep. She had a good long life. She was 14 years old. On the good side of the dog world Tommy, my 18-year-old Chihuahua Mix is doing very good. Despite being mostly deaf and half blind, but his nose still works well.

It's the day after Thanksgiving and it is two years and one month since Bette died. So what am I thankful for?

What am I thankful for. . . ?
I’m thankful Nia had a long healthy life and did not suffer. I'm thankful Tommy is still doing good. I'm thankful for having Bette the love of my life for over 30 years. I'm thankful for Bette's family. I pray that all of their medical problems will be resolved (you know I love you and pray for you and for your health). I am thankful for all my friends new and old, close by and far away. And then on the more mundane things I'm thankful for my job, my house, and my car…

I would like to thank Kim and Ellen for including me in the Thanksgiving festivities. I had a very enjoyable and gastronomically tasty day. I've probably mentioned this before but I want thank Bonnie for our daily phone conversations. They really help. Like to thank Brenda for putting up with me for my Christmas/New Year's vacation. I like to thank Bob and Linda and Bill and Mary for their standing invitations to visit them anytime. I'm just sorry I haven't taken them up on it is much as I would like to. Somehow it's easier to fly down to Florida than North Carolina. Go figure. As I gained back vacation time I hope to visit you all more.

I know I've left out lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of things that I'm thankful for but will not mention so this doesn't become too boring. I would like to end this by asking everyone that reads this blog to write what they're thankful for.

Happy holidays

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment