In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back home in the cold winter - hibernation time.

Vacation is over and winter is in full swing here in New England.  It has been mostly bright and sunny but cold.  One morning I woke up to -4 and I do not think this week has gotten above freezing.  The garage is finished and the building inspector has given it his seal of approval.  In face he wrote "Nice job" on the form he left for me. It is nice not having to clear the truck of snow or frost on the windows...

What have I been doing for fun?  There is always sleeping.  Seriously, yesterday and today the racing season has started for me with the 24 hours at Daytona Grand Am race is running. Had friends over for the start.  I have been doing a little with my RC Trucks.  I got extra wide tires so the truck can run in the snow.  Those that were at camp last year playing with the truck should have a better prepared truck this year.  Most Saturday and Sunday mornings I have been having breakfast with friends. It has been a little cold to do much outside. I have a Shelby Model to put together.  I want to do a good job so I can display it with the Shelby when I go to car shows like some people do.  Hopefully winter will end soon so we can all end our hibernation. 

I was looking at the Stats for this blog.  I only have one follower. This is the 119th Blog posting I have made.
If you have any ideas about how to make this more interesting please feel free to contact me.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, Mary and I always check the blog, sometimes several times a month and scroll done through the postings. It's one of the little ways we can keep up with your "goings-on". It's important to us that you know you are our immediate family. We also get frequent updates from Bonnie. We love you, and think of you everyday.
    Mary is doing great with her new knee. She will send her own note to say thank you for the good wishes, and you need to know that the potted hydranga will be part of our garden come spring. The color is perfect for the grouping we been nurturing in the side yard for the few years.
    Stay warm, and healthy. Spring is only eight to ten weeks away. Love Ya, Bill

    ReplyDelete