In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Friday, November 20, 2009

More rambelings about Bette and how I am coping

I received a nice letter from a close friend's daughter. We socialized with him and his two daughters when they were teenagers. Then when they grew up and left home and started their own families we sort of lost touch. Not long ago Bette and I were talking about how fast time goes by and how easy it is to loose touch. We had planned on visiting so many people and just ran out of time. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily grind of life and not live it with your friends and loved ones. It is so nice seeing and hearing from everyone - I am just heartbroken that Bette could not see this outpouring of Love when she was alive.

Well, back to my point about the letter I got. Most people comment that it must
be so hard to go to bed and to sleep without Bette. This tender letter spoke of how it must be hard getting up each morning. And this is so true. Waking up with out her next to me really stinks!
For a few minutes as I let the dogs out, feed them, shave, and brush my teeth I don’t fee it. Then I turn around and see the extra big bathtub we had installed… or walk back into the bedroom - she is not there and all the feelings come back.




End of an era:

Today is extra hard because today is when they are coming to pick up Bette's Mustang convertible. She loved that car. The first month she had it we put about 6,000 miles on it. I had already gotten rid of my Mustang GT. For the winter I will be driving Bette’s pickup truck. I am buying the car of Bette’s dreams. We thought it impractical because we would need to get another “winter car” so we could both get to work. And now I do not need two Mustangs a pickup and a RV. Regan Ford (http://regancollision.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en) was able to get a special order in for me and come April 2010 I should be getting a brand spanking new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.
It should look something like this.
It has black stripes - Bette's car was black
it is silver/gray like my car...

I would like to thank my sales person Ray and Ms Regan for helping make this dream possible.

They just took the car away.

Bye bye…

1 comment:

  1. It was sad to see that car in the picture drive away and knowing Bette wasn't spewing dirt and gravel from the driveway just to get into traffic.Honestly, I used to holler at her," hey, it's just an automatic! Leave some driveway for the next person.!"
    Each day I wake up hoping the last month has been nothing but a bad dream; the first few moments, I have to remind myself to breath, I hate this feeling.
    Bette put "fun" into any function, and I don't mean crazy wild ass fun, but just a controlled quiet insanity that said "this is going to be a good time...it could be lunch and them cruise through the flea market, buying nothing, just looking and looking and looking...trying to keep up with her stride, o.m.g. could she walk fast....always telling me I walk like an old person! I miss talking to her on the phone. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete