In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Nights


I just realized why Sunday nights are so much harder.

Bette died on a Sunday...

Every Sunday as I am getting ready for bed or trying to drift off to sleep the memory of seeing the Police Officers coming up the steps and onto the deck is replayed in my mind. I had seen too many movies and TV shows to not know what it meant. In the war movies it was your son or husband was killed, in the cop shows it signified your spouse had died. So before they even uttered a word I knew what they were going to say. They were great. They made sure I was not going to be alone. It must not be easy for them either.

Then that memory dredges up all the feelings all over again - like pouring gasoline on a smoldering fire. The feelings are immediate, intense and raw.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but I have to thank everyone that has been helping me through this difficult time. I want to wish you all a long, happy, and healthy life. Good night and sweet dreams...

until my next posting,

Jaime

1 comment:

  1. Sunday night seems to be the night I have no patience for people or the animals. The TV will be too loud, I trip over the dogs and send them flying, and my room will be freaking warm so the bed gets tossed big time...and I throw things... Go figure, and I've been to church twice on any given Sunday...

    ReplyDelete