In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Sunday, July 25, 2010

ALMS yesterday - It is now been nine months since Bette died

It is now been nine months since Bette died.

Yesterday I did something Bette and I had been wanting to do for some time. Yet at the same time I did something Bette and I had done many times before. I went to an ALMS race with some friends. Bette and I had never gone to an ALMS race. We had gone to many races and enjoyed going to this type of sports car races, but not ALMS. For those of you don't know what it is that is the American version of a European race series, American Le Mans Series. There are several different classes of cars, from the cars built specifically just for racing to the cars almost like the ones you get from your dealer, and they race on road courses throughout the country. Bette and I had gone to Limerock Park in Connecticut to watch many different races over the last few years but we never made it to a American Le Mans Series race.

Bette at a Grand Am race 2008.

Bette and Tommy at Limerock Park race track.



Bette standing on the track at Martinsville.


I think Bette would have enjoyed this race. It was really hot and Bette liked the warm weather, and two of our favorite car drivers were there: Andy Lally and Ryan Dalziel. I was able to find both drivers but say little more than hello and good luck. They did both ask how I am doing since Bette died. Ryan came in 9th in his class. Andy came in first in his class. It was a good day for getting some sun, watching cars race, and people watching.

It was a good day but with an underlying current of sadness because Bette wasn't physically there. I would like to thank my friends Mike and Kit for putting up with me and allowing me to tag along.

I recently found some more pictures about it like to share - some will go back as far as 2008.

Thank you


Smile

Bette and Jenny at historic Williamsburg.

Bette studing even while on vacation.


Bette Willialsburg VA.

Side saddle.

Getting ready to eat at one of the fine resturants in Williamsburg.

Jaime, Bette, Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment