In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rest in Peace

It has been 11 months since Bette has died. I didn't want it to be downbeat in what I wrote but these last few weeks I have been little more sad, down, or depressed. Bette has been heavy in my mind partly because coming up on the one-year anniversary and partly because I've been getting ready spread her ashes.

This past weekend I met with all of Bette's brothers and sisters and their families in Fort Myers Florida. Bette had always enjoyed vacationing down there and going to Lovers Key beach. In fact this past spring we had planned on staying down there working at the beach for the state. In any case it was one of her favorite spots; we had talked, kind of in jest, yet seriously, that that is where we would like our ashes spread. Last Saturday we all met at Lovers Key, had a lovely little ceremony, and spread Bette's ashes. Bette may have thought we had gotten little carried away. But I am sure if this shoe were on the other foot she would have done the same. The rest of the day we did what Bette liked doing best. Enjoy the hot sunshine, swim in the warm Gulf of Mexico, walked the beach, checked out the wildlife, picked up seashells, and most importantly taken a nap, and had a good meal. After the beach we all went our own way then met up at one of Bette's favorite restaurants.

It was a beautiful day. The kind of day you always hope for on your vacation. It was a beautiful sunset that night. We all cried that day but we know Bette is still with us and always will be. In the next couple of days as we all said our goodbyes and went back to our daily grind. We said goodbye and cried some more. We promised each other that we would get together more often as a family. I plan to do my best to live up to that promise.

As you read this I hope you'll take to heart the importance of family. Love and support each other through the good and the bad.

One final comment I like to make. While in Florida my brother-in-law Bill M.’s Mother passed away. I would like to wish him my sincerest condolences. I wish I could give him more help and support. As we had our ceremony for Bette he and his mother were on our minds and heavy in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment