In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Angles and Rat Rods



Since last I wrote fairly busy. I've been to a bunch of cruise nights. It's a funny name considering you drive your car to the cruise night then park it. And everybody walks around looking at each other cars, trucks, and motorcycles. I have been going to between one and three of these a week. But now that summer is over there aren't as many. Most of them that I have been in my car has been the newest. I was at one in Manchester New Hampshire where they closed off a good portion of the Main Street and cars lined both sides and some of the side streets. There were cars of every description. I think my favorite score the rat rods. I'll try to test at least one picture at the end of this.





I also went with some friends to an air show. Blue Angels were there. No matter how many times and seen them fly they always amazed me. Like the cruise nights for cars, there were planes of every description. If you've never gone to a big air show with the blue Angels or the Thunderbirds flying you owe it to yourself to see at least one. Going to the air show kind of reminded me of going to a cart race where there are no losers and everyone's having a goodtime. Being the air show reminded me of the time Bette and I went to a space shuttle launch in Florida. We made the comment to each other how this shuttle launch was sort of like going to an air show for only one plane. An aside, many years later at work they invited an astronaut to visit and give a talk. It turned out that he was on the space shuttle flight that we had seen launch.





The last month or so I've been having a lot of dreams with Bette in them. A few times there were so real that when I woke up in the morning I expected her to be next to me. Which in a way she is as long as she is in my heart. I think the reason the dreams have been so vivid is that I've been planning to the spreading of her ashes. All of Bette's siblings will be there with me. I don't think I could do it by myself. I will still have a little heart with some of Bette's ashes.



Until next time - Jaime







Blue Angles Boston Portsmith Air Show at the Pease Trade Port

Blue Angles

Rockingham Park Salem NH Cruise



Rockingham Park Salem NH Cruise


Rat Rod Manchester NH car show.

















No comments:

Post a Comment