In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Saturday, June 25, 2011

20 Months

It has now been 20 months since Bette’s passing.

Bette’s brothers are fighting their own medical demons. My prayers are with them and my heart goes out to them…

I spent the past week with Bette’s sisters and nephew and their friends in the finger lakes region of New York. Oh and I can not leave out Bonnie's very special guests - who provided hours of companionship and entertainment - the fish.

I had a very nice low key week. Bette’s influence was ever present. It was like she was looking down at us and involved in our conversations and reminiscing about times we all spent together. Bette’s family is my only family now. They truly make me feel like a blood relative.

I spent about six hours driving home today. It gave me a lot of time alone to think about the past and future. The future remains unknown but part of being human to speculate about what is to come. So much of my last 30 years was surrounded by Bette and our plans for the future I still have a hard time seeing the future without her. People will ask me, trying to be helpful, what I want to do. I tell them something like work then eventually retire… But what I am feeling is impossible; I want to spend my retirement years with Bette. And in spirit I spend every day with her.

Please keep Bill and Bob (Bette’s Brothers) in your mind and prayers as they go through the challenging times ahead.

Love, Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment