In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Saturday, September 3, 2011

15,840 inches

I would like to start out by saying this is been a pretty good week. The company I work for had decided to leave its current contract as of the end of next week. I had been waiting for a letter from the company that is taking over the contract to see if they would offer me a job. I was the last one in my group to receive that letter, so I was sweating it out for about a week longer than everybody else. I am happy to announce I will continue to be gainfully employed doing the same job I have been doing.

The day after I got the letter I did my normal New England dragway Street night runs. And for the first time in a long time there were several people from work there to watch me, which was kind of nice. So I have a bunch of photos from in car and out. So far the only one I've put together was the in-car of my first and best run. And I'm very happy to say it was the fastest run I've ever made (by time not by speed) I did a quarter-mile, 1320 feet, or 15,840 inches in a little over 11.8 seconds. The attached (I hope) video is the in car edited down to a little over a minute including the burnout, staging, and deceleration to about 40 miles an hour.

And today I had breakfast with some friends then went to a car show in Manchester New Hampshire. Did you know Manchester New Hampshire's Main Street, named Elm Street, is the only Main Street in the country that is a dead-end on both ends. Well, anyway, they closed down a big section of Elm Street and antique, classic, exotic, unusual, fancy, fast, slow, big, small, shiny, rusty, restored, and new cars and trucks and a few motorcycles are on display. I heard last year there were over 1000 cars I think they're even more this year. And this year my car was among them. I took a bunch of pictures that I'll probably include here at a later date.

So goodbye for now. More to come later. Thank you, Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment