In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another month gone by

Another month has gone by… Since Christmas I have returned from my vacation in Florida, bought a new pickup truck (Ford Raptor), and my friend and neighbor Sal lost his Wife, Shelia, after a long and hard struggle. Going to the services for Shelia brought to the surface a lot of feelings. As you can probably imagine I have been thinking of Bette a lot. Between the way Bette loved the holidays and found joy in the smallest gift or jester and thoughts of her Service I have done a lot of soul searching. What have I done in the two plus years? I have genuinely wanted to visit with Bette’s family more than I have been able to. This year does not look any better because of having even less vacation time than in the past. I will muddle through doing the best I can. Except for house work. I hate house work. I feed myself and Tommy the dog alright but when it comes to putting things away I never have the time or can find the place where it belongs. OK – I know that is not entirely true – I know my sox go in the sox drawer, my underwear goes in the underwear drawer, and my shirts and pants go in the closet. And they should know this too but they do not put themselves there either… And don’t get me started with the vacuum. I have been threatening it by saying I will buy one of those little robot vacuums but it has not helped.

This weekend is the last weekend of January and Bette and I would probably be in Daytona watching the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona road race. We know several of the drivers. Some just a nodding acquaintance some well enough to talk to at length. This year I will be watching the 50th Daytona 24 hour race at home on the Speed channel. I would say three of the drivers I know have a real good chance of winning in their class. Maybe next year I’ll make it.

I see Kit and Mike most Saturday mornings for breakfast (Sunday is Mike’s birthday I hear he is turning 147 this year) and I see Jimmy and Debbie on Sundays for breakfast. I’ll talk more about the new truck probably next month or maybe have a mid month posting about the truck.

So life is progressing. Different but moving forward. Until next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment