In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vroom!



I am a day late in posting this. Bette has been heavy on my mind these last few days and weeks for reasons I cannot discuss.

Today was supposed to be the Super Bowl of the NASCAR season– the Daytona 500. But it got rained out. So I'm going to bore you talking about my cars. For those not interested just skip ahead to next month.

Above you can see photos of my current fleet. I did not realize how tall the pickup truck really was until the Shelby was sitting next to it. I don't think the roof of the Shelby even reaches the top of the hood of the Raptor. Both vehicles are made by Ford's Special Vehicle Team. I've probably talked about the power, of the fun I've had with the Shelby. Dyno tuned to little over 550 hp at the rear wheels ( supposedly 667 hp at the flywheel). The Raptor is sort of the pickup truck equivalent. It is 411 hp stock off the showroom floor. Supposed to be able to do hundred miles an hour in four-wheel-drive over open country. There are several YouTube videos you can see Raptors doing this and jumping small buildings in a single bound. I don't intend to do either. I was however hoping that there'd be enough snow for me to go to an empty parking lot that has not been plowed and drive around and try doing doughnuts and other fun stuff like that. Nothing harmful. The way this winter is going I will have to wait till next year for that. The Raptor is probably just as much fun to drive as the Shelby but indifferent way. The Shelby is low, sleek, and fast, the Raptor is large, tank like in its size (little over 7 inches wider than the standard F150), and quick. the Raptor seats are very comfortable. Up until about a week ago my mileage been 13 miles to the gallon, in the last week specifically this weekend I've noticed the average is about 15 miles per gallon. the last two days it is occasionally hit 20 miles to the gallon for 10 or more minutes averaging 16 1/2 for entire trips. It's getting better gas mileage now than I thought it would. It has about 2800 miles on it and is about 2000 miles from its first service. To wrap this up I am very happy with both of my SVT vehicles.

I can picture Bette looking down on me and smiling. Knowing these are the type of vehicles we always wanted to have. And I can't help thinking she may be a little jealous that I am driving these since she is not able to. But in a way she is able to because she is in my heart and head always and forever. Death did not do us part – Bette's spirit was always with me.

-Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment