In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer is almost over.

Summer is almost over. Too fast, but good. My September calendar is just about full. The first weekend I have two cookouts. It would have been Bette and my 33rd anniversary. The second weekend I may have off. The third weekend Sunday I have a ticket for the NASCAR race in New Hampshire. Watch for me I will be in row 41 near the pit entrance. Then for the last weekend I am getting tickets, with the same friends I am going to NASCAR with, for the last Grand Am race of the season in Limerock Park in Conn. I hope to meet up with some of the people (drivers and crew) that Bette and I would see and hang with when we went to the Grand Am races.

New England Tractor Trailer Training School (NETTTS) North Andover MA. School has put on their best road trucks “decals” saying In Loving Memory of Bette Brown (see photos). Bette was very proud of that school and the opportunities it gives it’s students to learn a trade, get a job, and most importantly improve themselves. Well for some reason I am not able to download the photos tonight. I will try to put the photos on the Blog later.

The past month I have gone to several and been in several car shows and “Cruise Nights” showing off both the Shelby GT500 and the Raptor. In the next two months these car shows will continue and I’ll be going to a lot of them. I also hope to get back to New England Dragway in September. This summer it has either been too hot (you are not allowed to use the car’s AC and have to wear a helmet) or raining on the days I would have gone.

On the Home front my deck is being rebuilt. You would not believe all the rot that was found! Don’t tell anyone. This is just between you and me. One of the boards I stepped on broke loose and I fell through up to my knee. I’m OK but that board is being punished and sent to that big wood pile in the sky. The deck is almost all taken down. There is enough for me to be able to still get in the house. This next week the replacement wood should be arriving. The Shelby and Raptor house is proceeding nicely. The new fill is in. We are waiting for one more quote for the foundation… Then the trenches can be dug and the cement poured. As it is with only the dirt I have started parking the Raptor “in” the garage so it gets use to it’s new home. Photos as I am able to post them….

That’s it for now. Until next time – take care…


PS I know I have been missing a lot of people’s Birthdays and for that I apologize. I will endeavor to do better the remainder of this year and in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment