In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 2012

I know I am a day late posting this. There was a good chance that I would have some good news the day after my normal posting date of the 25th. As it turned out I got the good news I was hoping to get. Now I expect that you are asking yourself why doesn’t he spit it out and tell us the good news? That is a good question to which I say: To keep up the suspense.

The past month has been interesting. The car shows are going strong. I went to about five shows at different locations. I showed both the Shelby and the Raptor. I got to catch up with people I have not seen since last fall. Then a Saturday night a couple weeks ago I was sitting watching TV when a neighbor knocked on the door and gave me tickets to the New Hampshire NASCAR Sprint Cup race the next day. I had a good time going to the race with a friend. We left my house around 9 AM and I got home at 8 PM. Last night I went to New England Dragway Street night with the Shelby. Some friends came to watch. My car is too fast to give rides on the track. I made nine runs. Seven of them I was the first across the finish line. One of the two I was not first I crossed the finish line at a higher speed than the other car. How is that possible you ask? Well, if the other car is really good at getting a quick start it can get ahead. It can top out at a slower speed so it is a game of catch up. Another 100 feet or so and I could been first. In any case I had fun. I will try to post a video. Wish me luck.



Ok, enough suspense. Today I got a building permit to build a garage for the Shelby and Raptor!!!!! It will be 24 by 24 feet. From the road it will look like a mirror image of the house at the end of the driveway. I will provide photos as the building progresses.

Take care and come on back….

No comments:

Post a Comment