In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Tuesday, November 27, 2012


I have been trying to think what to write this month. It has been three years and one month… Thanksgiving was this month.

So that is where I will start.  I had decided I was going to stay home and just relax.  For the first time since Bette died I did not go to my friends Kim and Ellen’s.  I kind of missed seeing them.  My neighbors talked me into having Thanksgiving with them. So I went across the street instead of staying home. I was very nice day. Met some people I did not know and was made to feel like family. We were eating from about 1:30 PM until around 6:00 PM.  Other than being tricked into eating some chips with fish dip everything was very good!  As my close friends and family know I do not like fish! And I proved it on Thursday.

Of the six adults there, four of us had lost our spouse in one way or another. One was separated; one lost their spouse about five or six years ago.  As you know I lost Bette three years ago and my host lost his wife this year. What could have turned into a depressing trip down memory lane instead turned into a celebration of our lives with our spouses.  Tearful at times knowing what we have lost but uplifting because of what we had…

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and will have a wonderful Holiday season.

Garage update:
Still have the doors to put on but I am parking the vehicles in it.  
The "Shelby Shack" is partly taken down. It will be going to its new home soon.  I and the Shelby will still be able to visit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment