In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Thursday, October 25, 2012

4 years

It was four years ago today that I learned that Bette had died.  I first got a phone call saying Bette was in an accident.  About a hour before that Bette had called me and said what fun she was having and we should go camping where she was because it was so pretty.  After the phone call about an accident I was getting ready to go where Bette was to comfort her.  Before I could find out where she was a police car pulled into my driveway.  As soon as I saw the two Officers walking up the walkway I knew Bette had died.  

The rest was just a blur.  The next thing I remember the house was full of neighbors, friends and Bette's family (which I consider my family).  It seemed like everyone just showed up at once which I know is not true because all of Bette's Brothers and Sisters and family had to come from out of state.  You guys are great!  I love you all.  You have helped me so much! The last three years have been a trial of coping. With your help I am continuing with my life.  But Bette is still always right there with me. 

Today the cement for the floor of the new garage came.  The guys actually woke me up.  It was still dark out when they started working. Setting up for the cement. I will have some photos soon of the floor and garage build in general. 

Drag racing season is almost over.  Had a good night last night.  Won all of my runs. Even a 2011 Shelby GT500 (year newer than mine).  The car hit the 28,000 mile mark doing about 100 MPH on the track. Next Wednesday is the last Wednesday for 2012.  If it does not rain I hope to make it.  If I do I will have been there for the first day and last day of the season.

Please take a moment to remember Bette.  

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment