In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Monday, November 9, 2009

I don't want to give the wrong impression

I do not want to give the wrong impression about Bette and speed -

Bette liked speed and watching race cars and the occasional run down the drag strip on street night (she never raced the car next to her, if there was one, she worked on her skill and timing) and she was very safety conscious. She was always in control of the car no matter where she was. She was a wonder to behold in snow and icy weather. I don't know how she was able to tell how much grip the car, truck or RV had - she always kept it in control.

We have always insisted that everyone in the car with us wear a seat belt. She believed that if you want to go fast you had to take responsibility and do it where it is safe and legal, such as a race track, though we never did get a chance to drive on a road course. We had been talking about enrolling in a drivers school but had neither the money or time to do it.

In 30 plus years I can not remember Bette getting any speeding tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment