In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Miles of Smiles and warm weather

Going through the cards and notes it struck me at all the people that commented on Bette's smile. How she would always have a smile on her face. She would brighten up a room when she walked in with her smile and positive attitude.

Here are some SMILES from over the past 15 years with Bette.
I'll never see that smile again.

Bette Loves warm weather -

I was getting the RV ready for winter and started thinking how much Bette liked hot humid weather. The rest of the world would be sweating buckets and if there was a slight breeze Bette would be getting goosebumps. We talked of retiring to Florida or the Carolina's for their warmer climate and we would be closer to her family. We also talked of getting a boat we could live on where we would be traveling South in the winter and North in the summer. I think getting the RV was s sort of test to see if we could live in close quarters. I had no doubts we could live happily in a boat or an RV. If you ever saw how small our house is you wouldn't either.

When I got back in the house this afternoon I went and found some of our warm weather vacation photos. Below are a few of those photos. There is also a photo of us in Washington DC spring break sitting on the capital steps (we had not started dating each other at that time), a photo of us leaving the church on our wedding day, New Orleans vacation, and Karate class (that is not me in the head lock).

No comments:

Post a Comment