In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

I have been seeing a lot of people on face book and twitter saying what they are thankful for. I originally thought I now have nothing to be thankful for since Bette has been taken away. Then I read the comments on this blog and see all of the cards and baskets and everything from everyone and I realize I do have some things to be thankful for. Namely Bette's family (mine are all gone) and all of my friends, neighbors, co-workers, and people I do not even know (that I am told are praying for me) that are helping me through this. Without you all I do not know how I would make it. And finally I am thankful for the 30 wonderful years I did share with Bette.

Thanksgiving is a little under 20 minutes away. I want to wish you all a happy and peaceful Thanksgiving. And even after Thanksgiving keep that feeling with you. Let the people that matter to you know it. Don't just assume they do - though they probably do...

---------

My friend posted the following on his Facebook page. It touched me and I wanted to share it with all of you.
"its been nearly a month since the accident took my dear friend bette i wish i had 2 minutes prior to the accident back then all of jamie pain would be gone bette would still be asking me when you debbie gonna get married but i dont have it and i still weep for my friend i miss dearly and i feel so heavy hearted for jamie so this thanksgiving im thankful for famiy and great friends but most for my true love deb"

So Jimmy, when are you tying the knot?

No comments:

Post a Comment