In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nothing Profound Today

(I added a little to the end of this post about the car today 02-11-2010)

I want to write something more, new, unique, and profound but I am tired. I am tired of shopping alone, tired of cooking for myself, tired of making all the decisions, tired of going to bed or waking up alone, I am tired of being without my Bette. It is wearing on me when I think about Bette and start crying because I miss her so much. I try to put up a brave front but that gets tiring as well. I will go on – that is what Bette would want me to do. I know that because that is what I would want if things were reversed. Things are different but they go on. Change is a constant we all live with.


My Bette-B car is here. I picked it up Monday night. Wow! Bette would really like it. You can get the tires spinning just by thinking about it. Yes I will be careful. I have driven it three days and put on 300 miles. I am having a lot of fun with it. I have been playing with the accelerator. Keeping within the speed limit ;+) but driving by sound and the tachometer. This is not the way to drive for fuel mileage. I found the button that shows the miles per gallon and so far I have averaged 13 MPG. Way low for the estimated city mileage. I am still figuring out all the nifty cool things it does. For instance I can push a button on the steering wheel and verbally tell it to play a song on my iPod or have it call a phone number, or a bunch of other things.

I am going to try to attach a video I took revving the car.

It did not work, but I found this video from CNET about the car you may like to view.

My BETTE-B car has been tucked away for the winter
(or a very nice winter day).

I hope you can all appreciate how much this car means to me. I know Bette has kidded me in the past saying if she died before me I would end up making a shrine to her and her memory. As it turn out I have and this car is it. I think Bette was expecting the shrine would be made up of her clothes that I thought she looked the best wearing (including her old skimpy swim suits and bikinis) and photos of her. And it would be very private. Well I want the world to know about our marriage, our Love for each other, our friendship, and how happy we were together. So if just one person asks me about the license plate BETTE-B and realizes how good a marriage can be and works toward that, after hearing our story, the car has done it's job.

No comments:

Post a Comment