In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rambling


I just bought one of those speech recognition programs. I'm writing this with that right now. So I want to apologize right now for any misspellings bad punctuation or other omissions. I've been having fun with the program. I'm amazed how accurate it is. It is like my car’s sync system. I can tell the car that I want to use the phone and it dials that person's phone number. I had to learn how to get this software to spell strange words. Apparently I can say quote and a quotation mark shows up, to get strange words to come up I tell it to spell and I say letters to spell the word. It also seems to understand what I say when I talk more naturally than when I tried to enunciate my words. Which is kind of weird. So much for describing this program I'm using.

Well, what is new in my life these days? This past weekend was a long weekend and I did several different things. On Friday I went with a friend from work to a racetrack in northwestern Connecticut. They were having practice for some races on Saturday. There was also a Mustang corral. And included with the cost of the corral was driving around the track for two laps following one behind each other. We didn't get to go very fast to really experience the track at a race car speed but was still fun. Bette and I had been to this track several times before and actually camped at the track. When camping we were able to walk around the track on a couple occasions. I would have to say the driving the track seemed quite a bit different than walking. I guess the speed at which you come to some of the corners or come to the drop off or the top of the hill just makes it feel different when driving the car. If you go to my webshots website page you can see in car video driving on the track. The camera is suction cupped to the driver side rear window sill you see the view from between the driver side windshield pillar and the side of my head. I'm not sure the website off the top of my head but if you go to www.webshots.com, and search for ombasha, you should be able to find my Webshots pages. But when it is not so late I'll try to install the link to this page. In any case Friday was a lot of fun going to the track. I got to visit with Andy Lally briefly. He is one of the professional drivers that Bette and I had met.


Saturday I took it easy, and didn't do much of anything. Sunday morning I had breakfast with a friend. It's a regular routine that we have, sometimes it's just the two of us sometimes other friends come have breakfast with us. Later Sunday I went to a friends house near Salisbury Beach and he had a cookout. I got to meet more of his family and friends. Some of them work at the same company but in the different buildings. And then Monday I was invited to another cookout where I had fried turkey. It only takes about 50 minutes to cook a turkey that way. And it was amazingly good, did not taste greasy, it was amazingly tender and moist.





So all in all I had a rather good weekend. I still miss Bette tremendously. Nothing and no one can truly fill that void. I'm really glad I have friends and neighbors that keep in touch and keep me active; I do really appreciate the support. For some reason the past month or so has seemed harder. It's probably because of all of the activities Bette and I would do outside. At this point in time we probably would've gone camping three or four times by now. This year we were planning to go to Florida for several weeks working at lovers Key state park.

I should probably go to bed now, it's getting late. Thank you for putting up with and reading my ramblings on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment