In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Sunday, April 24, 2011

On Monday it will have been a year and a half since Bette died. Life is so different. All the plans of the last 30 years, all the hopes and dreams… When we were married one of the songs that played was “When I'm 64” by the Beatles. We would see older couples at the mall, walking on the street, at the beach walking hand-in-hand and wonder if that would be us. Everything is so different now.

On the bright side Tommy stopped attacking my feet. I don't have to wear shoes all the time anymore. But I trade that a million billion times over for just one brief embrace from Bette.

How is the rest of my life going? Well I'm moving along. Sometimes it feels like one step forward and two steps back, other times two steps forward and only one step back. Those are the good days. The cool rainy weather hasn't helped my disposition either. At least Easter it was sunny and semi warm. And as always with the spring comes the hope of rebirth and new life and a Renaissance of sorts. All of the snow is out of the yard finally. I did see some snow mixed in with the rain yesterday.

And I'll go out this time with an oldie but a goodie.

April showers

bring May flowers

what do May flowers bring?

Pilgrims

No comments:

Post a Comment