In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A good weekend.(?)

I did two things Bette would have really liked doing this weekend. One of which we have done together several times. The other we never did but had often talked about.


Bette and I have spent several days at vintage car races. Even taking the dogs for one weekend at Limerock race track for the vintage races. I remember after the first day of racing we took the dogs for a walk around the track. About a quarter of the way little Tommy dog got tired. Bette picked him up and he crawled up on her shoulder. He contently stayed there the whole time until we got back to the RV. This past Saturday I spent the day with friends at the Vintage car races in New Hampshire.


And today I went “The New Hampshire Renaissance Faire”. Bette would really have liked it. We had talked about going to different ones that are held throughout New England but had never gotten around to it. I get teary eyed thinking about all the fun Bette would have had. She always liked fairs, circuses, craft fairs and the like.


Bette was on my mind a lot this weekend. Now all I have of Bette are my memories, a few photos, and some of her belongings. At times it is still so hard. But somehow I soldier on… Bette would want me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment