In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Today was the kind of cold dreary day you just want to stay inside in front of the fireplace. It was in the 40s and drizzly and rainy most of the day. It was the kind of weather that just chills you to the bone. It was the kind of weather that Bette just hated. Flannel pajamas, big heavy robe, and hot chocolate or tea – if she didn't have to go out.

Well despite the weather I had breakfast with some friends, went to the bank (yes I belong to one of those banks is open on Sundays), I went to a museum (more about that little bit), and I went home to watch some races (and promptly fell asleep). I did do a few other things not worth mentioning. The museum I went to is the Museum of printing (museumofprinting.org). Some friends are involved with the museum and I got an invitation to their opening day today. It was really interesting, a lot packed into the building. I don't want you much away about the museum, you should visit it yourself. There is one thing from one of the tours really struck me is interesting. The museum has printing presses maybe I should say devices from over 100 years ago up to modern. The interesting part, to me anyway, is that printing presses over 100 years old are still functioning and able to print but many of the modern 1970s to present typesetting printing machines are not working or unable to work because of things like electronics that no longer work with the software or operating systems that run the machines are no longer available. Why does something from 100 years ago work but today everything grows obsolete within a few years? I've some ideas on the sundial discusses a later time.

It's Sunday night, it is getting late, time to let the dog out one last time, then go to bed. Monday morning and going off to work is going come much too early. I hope everyone that reads this little blog of mine enjoy it, maybe learn little, get to know me better, maybe even inspire you to do something. I welcome you to my world. Take care, until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment