In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Wednesday, April 25, 2012


I have been putting this off, but it is getting late in the day so I will not put it off any longer.  It has been two and a half years since Bette died.  Two and a half years! The pain is always just under the surface and I can talk about Bette and our life together without always getting teary. Some days the pain is just as strong as that first week.  The last few nights driving home I have been thinking about our almost nightly call to each other (hands free and voice activated) on the way home to check in to see how our day was, when are you getting out of work, and what we wanted to do that night. Who is cooking, what we are cooking,  how about a pizza? What do you want on the pizza, or how about Chinese food?  What movies are playing?  I guess I’m tired how about picking up some pre-cooked meal at the grocery store? I’ll get a video too…  I really miss that!

Since last month I have renewed a hobby and started a new one.  The weekly Wednesday Street Night at New England Dragway has started.  I have been there twice.  Once in the truck once in the Shelby. I got the truck up to about 91 MPH in about 15 seconds and at the 660 foot mark it was going about 72 MPH. The Shelby had the street tires on it and was about a second off my normal times.  I had fun though. The new hobby is RC (radio controlled) trucks.  What got me started was seeing an article in a car magazine saying there is a cool RC Raptor.  I found one in the internet and bought it.  And it is the same color as my big Raptor truck!  That would be cool to have at the car shows I go to.  It came in and I ran it out in the back yard.  Boy did it go?  I had to get me another one of these but 4 wheel drive.  The 4 wheel drive one came in and it was even faster.  Last weekend I gave the first one a new motor.  Now they are equally fast.  I have been told they can do between 35 and 60 miles per hour and they come with gearing that will get them even faster (warning: faster speeds should only be done on smooth large paved areas).  Since I do not have a large smooth pavement I’ll keep them slower.  For now anyway…

That has been a little bit of my life for the past month. I hope you continue to enjoy my blog.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment