In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette

In Memory Of my Loving Wife Bette
December 8, 1955 - October 25, 2009

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

It is finally Summer time

It is finally Summer time and my Summer vacation is over.

I had a wonderful time on the shore of lake Canandaigua NY. with Bonnie, Jenny, Brenda, the young mister Bill, Jane, the staff of Camp Letourneau, and their families. We got there in time to see Art and his Wife off.

They retired and bought an RV to travel around and visit family and see America. Seeing them off was real bittersweet for me. While I was happy for them to be able to do this it reminded me that Bette and I were planning to do the same thing...

There was much good food, conversation, fun, fishing (not me), and play.  There was even a little Shakespeare, pool, and Password.  A little rain, a little coolness, much sunshine and warmth. In short something for everyone. The only thing missing were Drake's Cakes products.

And the best there was much LOVE!

I brought three of my Traxxas Radio Controlled trucks for vacation.  On the first day I almost killed Bonnie by accidently running one of the trucks into her ankle. After that I had to watch it every time Bonnie had the controller. You can follow this link to a short youtube video I made (www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDYSgT2MkYg) Click here to see video of RC trucks at camp. By the end of the week all three trucks had injuries that retired them from use until I can get new parts. One the drive shaft broke. Second one has some sort of transmission problem (smoke coming out of the tranny). Last the shock absorber came loose on the right side.  I recorded probably several hours of video shot from the trucks.  Eventually I will edit some more of it and put it on YouTube.

The Raptor drove very well and used about 60 gallons of gas. Going out it got about 14.4 miles per gallon and on the way back 15.6 MPG.  My only explanation is that the camp is at a higher altitude so going home was downhill.

On the home front

The garage is almost painted. Only one more side to go. The Gas company is coming out to move the propane tank away from where the electric goes into the house. When they finish the pavers are coming to pave the dirt in front of the garage and a walkway to the back door of the garage.

The Sunday I got back I went with some friends to New England Dragway.  It was the first time for the BIG guys of the National Hot Rod Assoc. (NHRA) to come  to New England. It was HOT and the competition was stiff.  The Funny Car finals came down to John Force vs his daughter Courtney Force. The last race was close and the younger Force won!

Now it is back to reality.  Or at least my own version of reality.  

until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment